Prayers from Psalms
14 Whoever is pregnant with evil conceives trouble and gives birth to disillusionment.
15 Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out, falls into the pit they have made.
16 The trouble they cause recoils on them; their violence comes down on their own heads.
~ Psa. 7:14-17
The psalms are not always comfortable – but they are always revealing. We sometimes live in an unreal fantasy world, but the psalms drag us back to reality. This psalm warns us about turning away from God, and reminds us that the Lord is a righteous judge who is angry against unrighteousness. It also tells us that much of God’s judgement in this world is just to let us have our own way. It’s better to be filled with the Holy Spirit, rather than ‘pregnant with evil’.
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- France – The number of confirmed cases is 177,547, with 26,646 deaths of those with Covid-19.
France is beginning to come out of lockdown. There has been great damage to the economy and tensions with the rest of the EU.
- South Australia – now has had 439 cases (up 0 from a week ago), with 4 deaths (up 0).
It is moving quicker than most other states to open up.
Australia has now seen 6,948 cases (up 8 in a day – NSW had 1, Victoria 7, and all the others 0). There have been 97 deaths (up 0 from yesterday). 6,179 people have recovered (up 16).
49 are in hospital (16 in ICU). 855,119 people have been tested, with 0.8% being positive.
- The leaders of industry and business as they seek to restart the economy.
- Reports are coming in from Hong Kong of a cocktail of generic drugs which is found to reduce the viral load and aid treatments in mild to moderate Covid-19 patients. Please pray for ongoing testing.
- May the Lord grant us (and all our fellow citizens) patience as the lockdowns gradually unwind.
A Prayer of Repentance:
O Lord, sometimes we complain about how we are disillusioned and in trouble –
yet as we have read in Your word, sometimes we are the cause of our own downfall.
Show us our sins – known and unknown. And forgive us because of the precious blood of Your Son Jesus. Enable us to live with a new repentance, obedience and joy, in Christ’s name. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Lord, I will give You thanks because of Your righteousness;
I will sing the praises of Your name, O LORD Most High. Amen.
Daily devotions by David Robertson via Christians United — COVID19 Call to Prayer.
[Photo by Alabaster Co on Unsplash]