8 LORD, I love the house where You live, the place where Your glory dwells…
12 My feet stand on level ground; in the great congregation I will praise the LORD.
~ Psalm 26 v.8 & 12
Are you missing gathering with the Lord’s people on the Lord’s day? We know that the church is the people of God and not the building – but we also know that the very word ‘church’ (ecclesia) means ‘assembly’ or gathering. We miss gathering together. We miss praising the Lord in the great congregation. Let’s pray that we will soon be able to return to doing that.
“It does indeed make a difference from where a man derives his joy.
I know it is so, and that the joy of a faithful hope is incomparably beyond such vanity.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Singapore – The number of confirmed cases is 34,366, with 23 deaths of those with Covid-19.
The big reason for so many cases in Singapore is the living conditions of the 300,000 migrant workers.
The reason for so few deaths is the excellent health service.
2. Tasmania – now has had 228 cases (up 0 from a week ago), with 13 deaths (up 0).
In Australia there have been 7,185 cases (up 11). There have been 103 deaths (up 0).
6,606 people have recovered (up 24). 22 are in hospital (4 in ICU).
1,428,538 people have been tested, with 0.5% being positive. All of the new cases are in Victoria.
3. The people of the US facing riots and race tension – as well as Covid-19.
4. Vaccines are complex. Most take ten to fifteen years to develop and then three rounds of testing. Pray for a miracle!
5. For our neighbours – may we take the opportunity to get to know and serve them.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord Jesus, forgive us when we neglect Your house,
Your people, the place where Your glory dwells.
Enable us to remember that we are one body
and help us to honour and support one another, for Your glory. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Lord Jesus, we thank You for Your church.
We thank You that in the midst of ugliness, she is beautiful.
And we bless You that You died for the church, to cleanse her from all ugliness.
Come amongst us and renew us. In Your name, Amen.
Daily devotions by David Robertson via Christians United — COVID19 Call to Prayer.
[Photo by Joel Muniz