My whole being will exclaim, “Who is like you, LORD?
You rescue the poor from those too strong for them,
the poor and needy from those who rob them.”
~ Psalm 35:10
We are rightly concerned about the oppression of the poor and the disadvantaged. But our concern is doomed to failure unless we recognise that the Lord is the refuge of the poor. The best thing that can ever be done for those of us who are poor and oppressed is to be introduced to the One who can rescue us!
“To fall in love with God is the greatest romance;
to seek Him the greatest adventure;
to find Him, the greatest human achievement.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Ukraine – The number of confirmed cases is 28,077, with 805 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Flights resumed on the 1st of June; restaurants, cafes and churches reopened on the 5th.
2. Queensland – now has had 1062 cases (up 4 from a week ago), with 6 deaths (up 0).
In Australia there have been 7,265 (up 5). There have been 102 deaths (up 0) – 6,706 people have recovered (up 3). 19 are in hospital (3 in ICU). 1,633,515 people have been tested, with 0.4% being positive.
3. As demonstrations continue throughout the world, remember those who are most impacted by racial discrimination and the churches who seek to combat it.
4. There is a possibility that no vaccine will be needed (as happened with the first SARS virus).
5. Pray that Christians will not just return to ‘normal’, but that we will be renewed and invigorated as we serve Christ and our neighbours.
A Prayer of Repentance:
O Lord, forgive us when we have discriminated against anyone – in thought, word or deed,
because of the colour of their skin, their class or their social status.
Teach us to see all human beings as made in Your image –
and enable us to be part of a church where all the barriers are broken down.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness;
may they always say, “The LORD be exalted, Who delights in the well-being of His servant.”
My tongue will proclaim Your righteousness, Your praises all day long.