“Show me, LORD, my life’s end and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting my life is.
You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
the span of my years is as nothing before You.
Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure.
Surely everyone goes around like a mere phantom;
in vain they rush about heaping up wealth without knowing whose it will finally be.
But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in You.
~ Psalm 39:4-7
It is important for us to remember that we are so fragile – our life is but a breath. It is important for us to know that ‘heaping up wealth’ is pointless. It is also important for us to know that we are loved by God, secure in Christ, and that our treasure is in Heaven.
“O my God, give Yourself unto me; restore Yourself to me.
Behold I love You; and if my love is too slight, let me love You more strongly.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. The Philippines – The number of confirmed cases is 24,787, with 1,052 deaths of those with Covid-19. The Philippines has managed to ‘flatten the curve’, and is beginning to lift restrictions.
2. South Australia – now has had 440 cases (up 0 from a week ago), with 4 deaths (up 0).
In Australia there have been 7,290 cases (up 9). There have been 102 deaths (up 0).
6,783 people have recovered (up 22). 17 are in hospital (2 in ICU).
1,745,550 people have been tested, with 0.4% being positive.
3. This weekend, various protests are being planned in Australia’s cities. Pray for calm.
4. There is a great deal of ‘fake’ information about Covid-19 cures. If you are interested in learning more about the search for treatment, visit this site.
5. For those who are pregnant and looking forward to bringing new life into a world obsessed with death.
A Prayer of Repentance:
“Hear my prayer, LORD, listen to my cry for help; do not be deaf to my weeping.
I dwell with You as a foreigner, a stranger, as all my ancestors were.
Look away from me, that I may enjoy life again before I depart and am no more.”
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
O Almighty and most merciful God,
of Your bountiful goodness keep us, we beg You,
from all things that may hurt us;
that we, being ready both in body and soul,
may cheerfully accomplish those things that You would have us do;
through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
(Book of Common Prayer)
Daily devotions by David Robertson via Christians United — COVID19 Call to Prayer.
[Photo by Kenrick Mills