1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; He lifts His voice, the earth melts.
7 The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
~ Psalm 46:1-7
Sometimes we feel as though the world has never been in such chaos. But this Psalm reminds us that it has ever been thus! The nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall and it seems as though darkness rules.
But God is our refuge and strength. He makes wars to cease. He is God. Our Rock.
“If all be well at home, it comforts a man, though he meets with troubles abroad.”
~ Richard Sibbes
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Bahrain – The number of confirmed cases is 20,916 with 57 deaths of those with Covid. Bahrain is the only Middle Eastern country not to have had a strict lockdown.
2. The Northern Territory – now has had 29 cases (up 0 from a week ago), with 0 deaths.
In Australia there have been 7,409 cases (up 20). All of the new cases, apart from in Victoria, are from overseas. There have been 102 deaths (up 0) 6,880 people have recovered (up 3). 15 are in hospital (2 in ICU). 1,970,205 have been tested, with 0.4% being positive.
3. There is concern in Italy and Germany, where the number of cases appears to be on the rise.
China says the outbreak in Beijing has been contained.
4. Russia has introduced a new drug to help with curing Covid-19. It is not a vaccine.
5. As the quote from Sibbes reminds us – we need our homes to be places of harmony and peace – yet that is where the devil most attacks. Pray for stable, peaceful, loving Christian homes.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord, you say we are to be still and know that You are God.
Yet we rush around and fill our heads with noise and our minds with nonsense.
Enable us to be still, and to know Your presence. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Lord Almighty, we praise You that You are with us, that the God of Jacob is our fortress. Hallelujah!
Daily devotions by David Robertson via Christians United — COVID19 Call to Prayer.
[Photo by Arnaud Mariat