3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in You.
4 In God, Whose word I praise — in God I trust and am not afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?
~ Psalm 56
It has been my privilege to do these prayer notes for the past 100 days.
We are now stopping the daily notes, but will be moving to a weekly one –
and I hope that those of you who use these notes will continue to use the new ones.
There is never a time when Christians do not need to pray.
And the great thing is that we pray to a God we can trust… Who never fails us.
Why should we be afraid?
“Man may fail us and yet be a good man,
but God cannot fail us and be God, because He is Truth itself.
Shall God be so true to us, and shall we not be true to Him and His Truth?”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. The World – The number of confirmed cases is 10,199,768, with 502,947 deaths of those with Covid-19. South America, America and India are the main areas of growth just now.
2. New South Wales –now has had 3,184 cases (up 35 from a week ago, almost all of them travelers in quarantine), with 49 deaths (up 1). In Australia there have been 7,767 cases (up 85).
75 of these are in Victoria. There have been 104 deaths (up 0).
7,008 people have recovered (up 15). 15 are in hospital (1 in ICU).
2,415,695 have been tested, with 0.3% being positive.
3. Our political, economic and media leaders need wisdom, humility, patience, intelligence and courage. Pray for them.
4. Human tests for a vaccine have been started with the Chinese military and also in Brazil.
5. In the midst of this pandemic and all the bad news, we seek to reach people with the message of the Good News. Last night I had a special look into how the Good News of Christ brings healing and restoration to the nations. Pastor Ray Galea serves a church which has 71 different nationalities/ethnic groups in it. You can hear what he had to say here. We are united in Christ, and we are united in prayer.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord Jesus, forgive us when we do not show the unity we have with one another in You.
Forgive us when we do not use this precious gift of prayer.
And enable us to faithfully seek to live and tell of Your love. In Your Name, Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Father God, we thank You that although as Your family
we are so different and often disagree with one another on minor things,
yet we are united in seeking to serve, praise and glorify You.
Grant Your people the unity of the body,
the fellowship of the Spirit and the peace of Christ,
for Your glory. Amen.
Daily devotions by David Robertson via Christians United — COVID19 Call to Prayer.
[Photo by Kelly Sikkema