“And may your hearts be fully committed to the Lord our God,
to live by His decrees and obey His commands, as at this time.”
~ 1 Kings 8:61
There is an enormous danger that we are part-time Christians… or only crisis Christians. We call upon God when we are in trouble. But the Lord does not want us just to come to Him as needy. He wants us to come to Him as His children. As those who love Him. We are to love our neighbour as ourself, and love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul and mind. Perhaps one positive of the Covid-19 crisis is that it is showing us what (and whom) we really love?
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- The UK – is entering what the modellers consider its most critical week. The number of confirmed cases is now over 65,000, and the deaths over 7,000. The hospital system is not overwhelmed – four new large emergency hospitals have opened, and although the death rate last night was the highest yet (938), there are signs of it flattening out.
- New South Wales – now has 2773 cases (up from 2,298 a week ago), with 20 deaths and 1 recovered. Australia has a whole has gone up to 6.052 (up 96 – the lowest one day rise yet). There have been 50 deaths – half from cruise ships.
- Nicola Sturgeon – the First Minister of Scotland – who has lost her chief scientific advisor, and is facing an increasing number of cases and the strains of a complete lockdown for the past three weeks.
- All who do podcasts – which are increasingly being used. May the content be fresh, clear and Christ-centred.
- Those who are ill from other illnesses. There is some concern that they will feel pressure not to go to their doctors or hospitals.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Out of the depths I cry to You, Lord; Lord, hear my voice.
Let Your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.
If You, Lord, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand?
But with You there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve You.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my hope. 6
I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.7
Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
for with the LORD is unfailing love, and with Him is full redemption.8
He Himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.