
Another Trucker Fundraiser Has Been Frozen, But This Time There is Pushback
The resilience of Canadian citizens and the courage of a Christian crowdfunding platform are holding tyranny at bay. For now.
The ‘Freedom Convoy’ — a protest launched to end vaccine mandates for cross-border truckers — has since grown into a Canada-wide campaign for medical freedom and a return to normality.
The peaceful demonstration has seen significant success and is inspiring similar movements around the world. But it has faced a conspiracy of opposition from Canada’s government, law enforcement, legacy media and Big Tech.
Two Fundraisers Targeted
Last week, GoFundMe shut down the Freedom Convoy’s US$10m fundraiser, claiming to have evidence from police (yet to be forthcoming) that the protests had turned violent and unlawful. Initially the platform announced they would be redirecting the funds to alternative charities. But donors and U.S. officials pressured GoFundMe to instead offer full reimbursements.
A second fundraiser was quickly set up when the Christian crowdfunding site GiveSendGo offered its services. Within days, organisers had once again raised over US$8.5 million for their cause.
Then today, the Premier of Ontario sensationally announced that he had convinced a judge to freeze the GiveSendGo fundraiser, preventing the non-profit from transferring the funds to protest organisers. According to Ezra Lavant of Rebel News, the decision was made ‘ex parte’ — that is, in “a surprise hearing, in secret, with only the government in the room with the judge”.
1. Let me show you the law used to freeze the truckers' money. (I don't think they're actually seizing it; I think it's safely in a U.S. bank.)
Here's the government's press release. If I can find the full order I'll post it. They're using s. 490.8 of the Criminal Code. pic.twitter.com/lNNK6girtg
— Ezra Levant 🍁🚛 (@ezralevant) February 11, 2022
It is a decision that was apparently made on shaky legal grounds and can yet be challenged by GiveSendGo and the fundraiser’s organiser. According to Levant, the ruling likely has little sway over funds that are held by a U.S. charity in a U.S. bank account.
GiveSendGo Says ‘No’
In any case, GiveSendGo is not backing down. Almost immediately after the news broke, the Christian non-profit announced that it will not be following the orders of the Ontario court to freeze the Freedom Convoy funds:
Know this! Canada has absolutely ZERO jurisdiction over how we manage our funds here at GiveSendGo. All funds for EVERY campaign on GiveSendGo flow directly to the recipients of those campaigns, not least of which is The Freedom Convoy campaign.
— GiveSendGo (@GiveSendGo) February 11, 2022
Demonstrators in downtown Ottawa have been called names by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. They have been mischaracterised as violent and dangerous by the mayor and city law enforcement. Their peaceful demonstrations have been smeared as an ‘insurrection’ by Canadian and American news channels.
A a Daily Mail journalist, who spent a week on the ground with protesters, corrects the record:
Since DailyMail.com arrived in Ottawa last week we have seen no indication of violence or vandalism or any extremist political agenda. In fact, the demonstrations have shown the opposite. Supplies brought in for the protesters also include bouncy castles for children as protests continue into the second week…
Every trucker DailyMail.com spoke with said they came to protest non-violently and their only reason being there was to free Canada of its covid mandates. Truckers were conscientious of the public streets and kept them free of litter. They also shovelled snow and threw down de-icer making the streets and sidewalks easier to walk on.
As with so much during the last two years, this is an ideological war. The propaganda of those in power is the main weapon, and the joy, creativity and courage of ordinary people is the best defence.
One Comment
Leave A Comment
Recent Articles:
21 August 2026
3.8 MINS
On Monday, more than 10,000 baby booties were laid in the shape of a cross on the lawns of Parliament House in Canberra, all pointing towards the chamber where that same morning, Nationals MP Llew O’Brien introduced the Human Rights (Children Born Alive Protection) Bill 2026.
21 August 2026
2.9 MINS
Ardie Savea and Siya Kolisi, rival captains united in faith, worshipped together ahead of Rugby's Greatest Rivalry — revealing how Christ grounds each of them on and off the field.
21 August 2026
1.8 MINS
Archbishop Fisher accuses ABC of bias in voluntary assisted dying coverage, demands formal investigation into impartiality breaches over telehealth ban debate.
21 August 2026
2.9 MINS
An Australian-designed nuclear microreactor, built in just 150 days, has been sold to a US firm after federal and state bans blocked its development at home — the latest in a long line of missed Australian innovations.
21 August 2026
2.9 MINS
When five men are accused, "all men" bear the guilt — but when a woman errs, she's just an individual. This piece asks why identity logic only turns rigid on demand.
20 August 2026
4 MINS
Young Australians face a housing crisis decades in the making. This piece argues political choices—not fate—locked a generation out of the Australian Dream, and calls for national renewal.
20 August 2026
3.1 MINS
The ABC surprises with a balanced report on Gym Church, a Melbourne-born Christian fitness ministry now spreading nationally — exploring why Gen Z men are turning to faith.






If the states law is reasonable we are obliged I think we should render unto Caesar.. but at the 4th Jan with no real protection ..the social mental and physical health minus.s outweigh the supposed benefits.. given the loss of basic freedoms ..seemingly..especially the reality off forced mandates and ongoing compulsory enforcement of same then we should question.. as to who is benefitting financially in all this covid business….secondly who is losing.. seemingly..big business.. not small business..then there is the bigger issues. Where is all this taking us. Towards tyranny???