Prayers from Philippians
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death — even death on a cross!
~ Phil. 2:5
What a remarkable idea! That we would think the same as Jesus. That is a very high standard – to say the least. And how did Christ think? He made himself nothing. He become a servant. He came from the glory of Heaven to the poverty of a stable. He humbled himself by becoming obedient to the death of the cross. In prayer let us reflect about that – that should stop our sinful pride and complaining.
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Chile –The number of confirmed cases is 10,088, with 133 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Chile could be the first country in the world to introduce a Covid immunity certificate.
- New South Wales – now has 2963 cases (up six from yesterday) with 26 deaths.
Australia has a whole has gone up to 6,612 (up 26 in a day). There have been 70 deaths.
4,230 people have recovered (up 96). There are now only 48 people in ICU (down 7).
- Sports players and staff who are concerned about their jobs and finances.
When will they get to play and work again?
- Churches as they come to grips with the idea that they may not be able to physically meet together for several more weeks or even months. And as we ponder what may come afterwards.
- Those who find their families scattered all over the country – or even the world.
May the pain of separation be overcome not just by technology, but also by the Spirit.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Almighty Father, who has given Your only Son to die for our sins, and to rise again for our justification; Grant us so to put away the leaven of malice and wickedness, that we may always serve You in pureness of living and truth, through the merits of Your Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Lord Jesus, what an incredible gracious humility in You!
You came from the glory of Heaven to live and die on this earth – for us.
I thank you that I am able to speak of the Son of God who loved me, and gave Himself for me.
Make me more like You in my attitudes. Amen.
Daily devotions by David Robertson via Christians United — COVID19 Call to Prayer.
[Photo by Mads Schmidt Rasmussen on Unsplash]