Prayers from Philippians
10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me.
Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it.
11 I am not saying this because I am in need,
for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
13 I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
~ Phil. 4:10–13
What a wonderful thing real ‘fellowship’ is. It is not just a meeting or a cup of coffee after. It is true sharing. What a wonderful thing real contentment is. Something to be learned. The secret is through knowing the One who gives us strength. Prayer is the key to real fellowship and true contentment.
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Indonesia – The number of confirmed cases is 10,843, with 831 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Indonesia is a predominantly Muslim nation and it is currently the month of Ramadan, which makes it more difficult to enforce social distancing. The number of cases has shown an increase in the past two weeks.
- The Northern Territory – now has had 29 cases (up 0 from a week ago), with 0 deaths. They are the first state to return to the ‘new normal’, with churches and businesses reopening.
Australia has a whole has gone up to 6,783 (up 16 in a day). There have been 93 deaths (up 0). 5,789 people have recovered (up 44). We give thanks that there are now fewer than 1,000 active cases in Australia. 79 are in hospital (28 in ICU). 611,518 people have been tested, with 1.1% being positive.
- Those immigrants for whom English is not their first language, and who may not have a strong family and support network in Australia.
- Churches as they have another Sunday on the Internet.
Pray that the services would be fresh, filled with the Spirit and that they would connect.
- For Christians who struggle with temptation in terms of Internet pornography, gambling, alcohol dependence, over-eating and materialism. That being confined to home would not increase those temptations, and that they would be able to resist and be filled with the Spirit instead.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Father in Heaven, we confess that we are not a people of prayer
– at least not as much as we should be.
If there were armies of prayers, as there are armies of people,
we would see the streams of things turned another way.
If we would lift up our hands and hearts to You, You would lift up our faces.
Enable us to cry out to You,
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
God, Who at this time did teach the hearts of Your faithful people,
by sending to them the light of Your Holy Spirit;
grant to us by the same Spirit to have a right judgement in all things,
and evermore to rejoice in His holy comfort;
through the merits of Christ Jesus our Saviour,
Who lives and reigns with You, in the unity of the Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.
(from the Book of Common Prayer)