Love the LORD, all His faithful people!
The LORD preserves those who are true to Him,
but the proud He pays back in full.
Be strong and take heart, all You who hope in the LORD.
~ Psalm 31:23-24
The Scripture often tells us to be strong and take heart –
because we are so naturally inclined to be weak and give up!
Pray in the strength and encouragement of the Lord.
“How then do I seek You, Lord? For when I seek You, my God, I seek a happy life.
I will seek You that my soul may live.
For my body lives by my soul, and my soul lives by You.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Switzerland – The number of confirmed cases is 30,913 with 1,921 deaths of those with Covid. Groups of up to 300 are now allowed to meet. The borders will be open on the 15th of June
2. South Australia –now has had 440 cases (up 0 from a week ago) with 4 deaths (up 0). NT is restarting stadium sports with crowds next week. In Australia there have been 7,240 cases (up 10). There have been 102 deaths (up 0) –6,664 people have recovered (up 24). 23 are in hospital (4 in ICU). 1,546,729 people have been tested with 0.5% being positive.
3. The pandemic has left 150,000 seafarers stranded at sea with another 150,000 stuck on shores, according to the International Chamber of Shipping.
4. Ten days ago the first results from a human trial of a Covid-19 vaccine, developed by Chinese company CanSino Biologics, were published in the Lancet. It was found to have failed.
5. Pastors and others who are struggling with Zoom and others forms of communication. People are getting ‘weary in well doing’.
A Prayer of Repentance:
In You, LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame;
deliver me in Your righteousness.
Turn Your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
How abundant are the good things
that You have stored up for those who fear You,
that You bestow in the sight of all,
on those who take refuge in You.
In the shelter of Your presence
You hide them from all human intrigues;
You keep them safe in Your dwelling
from accusing tongues.
Praise be to the LORD,
for He showed me the wonders of His love
when I was in a city under siege.