Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from Your presence or take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, so that sinners will turn back to You.
~ Psalm 51:10-13
This is a great song of repentance and renewal. Use it for yourself.
“It would help greatly the well ordering of our thoughts to set our souls in order every morning, and to strengthen and perfume our spirits with some gracious meditations.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Brazil – The number of confirmed cases is 1,145, 906, with 52,645 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Brazil is the country causing the most concern at the moment – with no sign of Covid-19 abating.
2. Queensland –now has had 1,066 cases (up 1 from a week ago), with 6 deaths (up 0).
In Australia there have been 7,521 cases (up 30). 10 of these are travelers in NSW; the remainder are community cases in Victoria. There have been 103 deaths (up 1). 6,924 people have recovered (up 9). 16 are in hospital (2 in ICU). 2,180,424 have been tested, with 0.3% being positive.
3. Continue to remember the countries in East Africa which are facing a plague of locusts.
4. The human trial of a new coronavirus vaccine has begun in the UK, led by Professor Robin Shattock and his colleagues at Imperial College London.
5. For those who mourn and find it difficult to be without loved ones scattered all over the country and the world.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your unfailing love;
according to Your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
~ Psalm 51:1-3
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Open my lips, Lord, and my mouth will declare Your praise.
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
You do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart You, God, will not despise.
~ Psalm 51:15-17
Please note that this Daily Prayer Guide will continue to Day 100: June 30.
After this time we will continue to provide a weekly prayer guide.
Thank you for praying with us.
While Australia seems to have come through the worst of the pandemic,
other countries are just starting to face their darkest hours.
Your prayers are as important as ever.