A fortnight ago, SA Greens’ MLC Tammy Franks and Labor MLC Irene Pnevmatikos spoke on ABC Radio with a hard push to have emergency access to abortion drugs via Telemedicine introduced asap in SA.
Last week the SA Parliament passed The Emergency Response Act 2020, flying through the Lower House Tuesday and the Upper House Wednesday.
The Police Commissioner Grant Stevens, with advice from the Chief Health Officer Nicola Spurrier (both of whom are unelected by the people of SA) now carry extraordinary powers that could even override state laws.
We are working on a strategy to impact their decision and NOT override current abortion laws without due process of public consultation, medical advice and evidence with conscience voting of our elected MPs.
It is now too late to contact local MPs.
[Please click here to sign the petition
against unsafe DIY abortions
WE NOW REQUEST YOUR PRAYER SUPPORT TO SEEK DIVINE WISDOM
There has never been a more important time in recent history to pray than right now! As we are conforming to the wisdom of our government to avert a greater spread of COVID-19, we must keep watch and pray!
We are in a time of soul-searching and humbling ourselves before the risen King and seeking His face.
“For that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.”
~ 1 Peter 5:8b
The situation is now dire for the health and well-being of women of South Australia. There is a strong push happening to have telemedicine put in place to sell women the abortion drug RU486. DIY abortions should not be promoted, as they carry many unacceptable risks and complications.
Australian Christian Lobby spokesperson Wendy Francis said,
“Unsupervised self-administration of RU486 will lead to more hospital admissions due to the known risks of RU486, namely failing to remove the unborn child’s residual body parts, hemorrhaging, high blood pressure, vomiting, cramping and sepsis.”
“Enabling more DIY abortions also offers no protection for women isolated in homes, being coerced or suffering domestic violence,” Mrs Francis added.
The ACL urges Australia’s governments to follow some US states’ lead and deem abortion “non-essential healthcare” during the COVID-19 crisis.
Church, We Must Humble Ourselves and Pray
A week ago was Maundy Thursday, when we remembered the great suffering of our Saviour in Gethsemane recorded in Matthew 26:38 (AMPC)
“Then He said to them, My soul is very sad and deeply grieved, so that I am almost dying of sorrow. Stay here and keep awake and keep watch with Me.”
While there’s still time, we need to examine our hearts and clear up our vision.
This time of being in “self-isolation” affords us the opportunity to build our faith, empty out the mental clutter, and consider our future. Regardless of our various roles and responsibilities, every believer is called to have influence and impact. If we really want the Church to “rise up” and “be the Church,”
Here’s our chance!
Points for Prayer:
- Ask the Father to reveal any pride, any rebellion towards leaders, any alignment with religious spirits, any judgmental attitudes towards others and idolatry. Repent and ask for mercy and grace to help. May the fear of the Lord be upon us, guiding our attitudes. (1 Peter 5:5)
- Thank, praise and worship the Lord Jesus our Redeemer; it was His shed blood and death on the cross that has paid for all our sins, washing each one of us completely clean. We have confessed our sin and repented, and we are now clothed in His righteousness, whiter than snow, and can stand boldly in confidence to pray at His throne of grace.
- Pray that these 2 unelected officials, the Commissioner of Police and Chief Public Health Officer, will only act in the best interest of the community and according to God’s Righteousness and Justice.
Ask for Wisdom and Spirit of the Fear of the Lord
to guide all the decisions of:
- The SA Commissioner of Police, Grant Stevens, to have great wisdom discernment and godly values in all his work with Emergency Response Act 2020 power invested in him.
- Pray for the Chief Public Health Officer for SA Health, Associate Professor Nicola Spurrier, not to be pressured into advising the Commissioner of Police to include medical abortions via Telemedicine in the Emergency Response Act 2020.
- Pray also for the three Deputy Chief Public Health Officers that have been appointed to support the work of our Chief Public Health Officer in leading South Australia’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
Dr Evan Everest, Senior Intensive Care Consultant (FMC) / Deputy State Controller Health
Dr Michael Cusack, Acting Chief Medical Officer / Executive Director Medical Services (NALHN)
Dr Chris Lease, Executive Director, Health Protection and Licensing Services
Each deputy will take responsibility for streams of work to ensure every area of the health system receives close attention. They need the grace to help them with wisdom and the fear of the Lord.
Strategy and Blueprints from Heaven
- Ask for the Lord’s strategy for women’s health, and the removal of any unrighteous plans that are not conducive to health and life.
- Pray for divine blueprints to be given and the plans of the enemy to be destroyed.
- Invite the Holy Spirit to visit those who are deceived by the enemy to know the truth, and may that truth bring them to repentance and freedom.
- Ask the Lord to change the hearts of those pushing this medical abortion agenda and using the leverage of the Emergency Response Act 2020 for unrighteous purposes.
May the Lord bless you and all His Church as she goes through the transition from the old ways to the new era. May we all experience God’s perfect love which took Him to the cross, and all know His resurrection power at work in our lives. Be blessed with renewed joy and desire to see His kingdom come and His will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
Grace and Peace,
Love Adelaide Team
“For by their own sword they did not possess the land,
and their own arm did not save them,
But Your right hand and Your arm and the light of Your presence,
For You favored them. You are my King, O God;
Command victories for Jacob.”
~ Psalm 44:3
[Photo by Hu Chen