Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise Him.
Praise the LORD with the harp; make music to Him on the ten-stringed lyre.
Sing to Him a new song; play skilfully, and shout for joy.
For the word of the LORD is right and true; He is faithful in all He does.
The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of His unfailing love.
~ Psalm 33:1-5
We can sing and pray joyfully. God’s word is always right and true. He is always faithful in all He does. He loves righteousness and justice, and the earth is full of His unfailing love. We pray on the basis that this is true – not for it to be true!
“All my hope lies solely in Your very great mercy.
Grant what You command, and command what You will.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Kuwait – The number of confirmed cases is 31,131, with 254 deaths of those with Covid-19.
There was a full curfew in Kuwait until this weekend.
2. The ACT – now has had 107 cases (up 0 from a week ago), with 3 deaths (up 0).
In Australia there have been 7,255 cases (up 2).
There have been 102 deaths (up 0) – 6,693 people have recovered (up 10).
21 are in hospital (2 in ICU). 1,590,588 people have been tested, with 0.5% being positive.
3. The lockdown policy is now in tatters after the Supreme Court ruled that it was legal to have a demonstration of 20,000 people. Pray that there would be no spike because of any of the demonstrations in Australia yesterday.
4. Pray that ‘vaccine nationalism’ would not happen – where one country seeks to develop and keep the vaccine primarily for itself.
5. There is some evidence of a tailing off in online church attendance. Pray that there would be renewal today.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord, we confess that our joy is often shallow and self-centred.
May our joy be in You. And may our praise of You be exuberant. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
We wait in hope for the LORD;
He is our help and our shield.
In Him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in His holy name.
May Your unfailing love be with us,
LORD, even as we put our hope in You.