21 LORD, do not forsake me; do not be far from me, my God.
22 Come quickly to help me, my Lord and my Saviour.
~ Psalm 38
One of the great fears of any human being is being forsaken – by parents, wife, husband, children, friends, country etc. Worst of all is being forsaken by God. Sometimes we find it hard to pray because we think God has forsaken us. But every Christian needs to know that because Christ was forsaken for us, we cannot be forsaken by Him.
“In this poverty of my life, O Lord,
my heart is much affected by the words of Your holy Scripture.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Ireland – The number of confirmed cases is 25,238, with 1,703 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Ireland seems to have passed the peak, and restrictions are gradually being removed.
2. The Northern Territory – now has had 29 cases (up 0 from a week ago), with 0 deaths.
In Australia there have been 7,285 cases (up 9). There have been 102 deaths (up 0).
6,761 people have recovered (up 17). 18 are in hospital (2 in ICU).
1,711,223 people have been tested, with 0.4% being positive.
3. There seems to be a general collapse in Western culture – with ‘cancel culture’ taking hold – from Gone with the Wind being removed, to statues being pulled down. Let us pray for calm.
4. The Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, which is funding nine different coronavirus vaccine projects.
5. For those who have disabled children as they seek to provide care in the current situation.
A Prayer of Repentance:
LORD, I wait for You; You will answer, Lord my God.
For I said, “Do not let them gloat or exalt themselves over me when my feet slip.”
For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me.
I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
O Holy Spirit,
As the sun is full of light,
the ocean full of water,
Heaven full of glory,
so may my heart be full of You.
(from The Valley of Vision)