1 Blessed are those who have regard for the weak;
the LORD delivers them in times of trouble.
2 The LORD protects and preserves them —
they are counted among the blessed in the land —
He does not give them over to the desire of their foes.
3 The LORD sustains them on their sickbed
and restores them from their bed of illness.
~ Psalm 41:1-3
Those who think they are strong and don’t need anyone tend not to empathise with those who are weak. Those who know they are weak and depend on God, will have more compassion and empathy for the weak.
“It doesn’t matter what we are in ourselves, but what we are in Christ –
when we are once in Him and continue in Him.
God loves us with that inseparable love with which He loves His own Son.”
~ Richard Sibbes
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Oman – The number of confirmed cases is 23,481, with 104 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Covid-19 is increasing here – with over 1,000 cases being reported yesterday.
2. The ACT – now has had 108 cases (up 1 from a week ago), with 3 deaths (up 0).
In Australia there have been 7,320 (up 18). There have been 102 deaths (up 0).
6,838 people have recovered (up 26). 16 are in hospital (3 in ICU).
1,812,353 people have been tested, with 0.4% being positive.
3. For the UK where street violence, Covid-19 and political confusion is generating an atmosphere of fear and confusion.
4. The Moderna company in the US have announced that they will begin final stage trials for their vaccine on the 1st of July.
5. For those who suffer with addiction problems – particularly those who are not ‘recognised’ addicts but still cannot do without their alcohol or drugs.
A Prayer of Repentance:
I said, “Have mercy on me, LORD; heal me, for I have sinned against You.”
~ Psalm 41:4
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Praise be to the LORD,
the God of Israel,
from everlasting to everlasting.
Amen and Amen.
~ Psalm 41:13