Within Your temple, O God, we meditate on Your unfailing love.
Like Your name, O God, Your praise reaches to the ends of the earth;
Your right hand is filled with righteousness.
~ Psalm 48:9-10
God’s temple in the New Testament is His people.
It is good for us to be together with the Lord’s people and to meditate on His unfailing love.
We are there to praise God, not ourselves. We exult in His righteousness, not our own.
“He that is much in Heaven with his thoughts
is free from being tossed with tempests here below.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Armenia – The number of confirmed cases is 20,268, with 350 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Like most nations with a significant number of Covid-19 cases, Armenia is now easing its lockdown.
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan was announced as having Covid-19 on June 1st.
2. New South Wales – now has had 3, 149 cases (up 30 from a week ago), with 48 deaths (up 0).
All new cases are from quarantined travelers. In Australia there have been 7,461 (up 25).
19 of these are in Victoria. There have been 102 deaths (up 0). 6,896 people have recovered (up 8).
15 are in hospital (2 in ICU). 2,041,324 have been tested, with 0.4% being positive.
3. Beijing is to set up a new ‘security office’ in Hong Kong – as its takeover of the province continues.
4. A global breakthrough on a new antiviral drug that scientists believe could block the coronavirus has been made in Australia. Monash University researchers have conducted extensive modelling of a new antiviral drug to show it has significant blocking ability against the virus that causes COVID-19.
5. Give thanks for those who have become Christians during this time. Pray they would grow and be nurtured in their faith.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Our Father in Heaven, we acknowledge that we have too often
sought refuge and strength in other things.
Help us to know that You are our only fortress.
Enable us to meditate on Your unfailing love. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
1 Great is the LORD, and most worthy of praise,
in the city of our God, His holy mountain.
2 Beautiful in its loftiness, the joy of the whole earth,
like the heights of Zaphon is Mount Zion, the city of the Great King.
3 God is in her citadels; He has shown Himself to be her fortress.
~ Psalm 48:1-3