4 Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one Who sustains me.
~ Psalm 54
It is interesting how times in the Psalms we see David under attack – especially verbally.
Rather than just lash out in self-defence, he calls upon God. A lesson for us to learn.
“The more men rely upon deceitful crutches, the greater is their fall…
God alone must be the object of our trust.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. The United Kingdom – The number of confirmed cases is 311,727, with 43,598 deaths of those with Covid-19. The UK is gradually coming out of lockdown – there are considerable social and economic tensions.
2. The Northern Territory – now has had 29 cases (up o from a week ago), with 0 deaths.
In Australia there have been 7,641 cases (up 47). 41 of these are in Victoria, where community transmission is threatening to get out of control, and the fear is that it may spread into NSW.
There have been 104 deaths (up 0). 6,979 people have recovered (up 21).
12 are in hospital (1 in ICU). 2,336,061 have been tested, with 0.3% being positive.
3. The US is seeing a significant increase in 20 states. Pray that there would be good governance, calm and healing.
4. More than 1,000 trials are being held worldwide for drugs to help combat Covid-19.
5. Many churches today will restart having services in their buildings.
Pray that these will go well and pray for church leaders as they consider the way ahead. .
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord Jesus – We trust so easily in ourselves and in others. Forgive us.
Our help comes from You alone.
May we always acknowledge and recognise that.
May we trust in You the Giver, rather than Your gifts.
For Your glory, Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
6 I will sacrifice a freewill offering to You;
I will praise Your name, LORD, for it is good.
7 You have delivered me from all my troubles,
and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.
~ Psalm 54:6-7
Daily devotions by David Robertson via Christians United — COVID19 Call to Prayer.
[Photo by Fa Barboza